Best Beef Burgers Ever
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 chilli, chopped
- a few sprigs thyme, de-stalked
- 3 buttered burger buns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 glugs canola or sunflower oil
FOR THE GARNISH
- a few lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
- pickled gherkins (as many as you like)
- dollop of mayo
- squeeze sriracha sauce
Makes 3 Burgers
Super mega easy
- Combine the beef, onion, garlic, chilli and thyme and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and shape into 3 burger patties.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add the oil. Once the pan is hot, add the burgers and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until your liking.
- Meanwhile build your burger, starting with the mayo on the buttered burger and then the lettuce, tomato and pickles. Add whatever you like!
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Place the meat on your burger, top with the avo and tuck in!
- Use a high quality mince. I like to use lean mince as I find that fatty mince makes the burger fall apart in the pan.
- For a creamy touch, grate some cheese into the mince mixture.
- Serve your burger medium. Cook it any less and the flavours will struggle to develop all the way through.