Chicken Mayo Sandwich. With Added Joy.
- 1 generous handful leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite mayo
- a good squeeze Sriracha*
- a generous sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, chopped. I use up to half of the green bits, for colour
- pinch of salt
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- a good drizzle of canola or sunflower oil or a tablespoon coconut oil
- * a spicy sauce made from red chilli and garlic
Super mega easy
- In a bowl, combine everything except the bread and oil.
- While you’re doing that, heat a frying pan on medium to high heat and when hot, drizzle with your oil.
- Put the chicken mixture on a slice of bread and smush all over. Top with the other slice and place the sandwich in the oiled, heated pan.
- Fry on both sides until golden and crunchy. Don’t rush this!
- Remove from pan, cut in half (to prevent serious mouth burn) and tuck in.
PS: I really like to add grated cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mix. Try it at least once – you won’t regret it. If push comes to shove you can use a can of tuna instead of the chicken. It also works.