PANFRIED ITALIAN-STYLE CHICKEN WITH ZESTY COUSCOUS
- 2 free range chicken breasts, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 2 handfuls baby tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 handful olives, de-stoned
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 handful basil, roughly torn
- 4 glugs extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- prepared lemony couscous (click for recipe)
Feeds 2 people
Super mega easy
1. Liberally season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
2. Place a heavy based frying pan on medium to high heat, add the canola oil and then the chicken breasts. Fry until golden brown – about 7 minutes on each side. Drop the heat to low-medium, pour in a splash of water and quickly cover with a lid to capture the steam. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
3. Bring the same pan back to a medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
4. When hot, add first the tomatoes then olives. After about a minute add the garlic and chilli. Toss to combine. Now add the basil and season well with salt and pepper (remember that olives tend to be salty, so taste first before adding more salt)
5. Pop a chicken breast on the prepared couscous and top with the tomato-olive sauce. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and tuck in immediately!