1. Combine the grated potato, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make into 4 potato cakes.
2. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and drizzle with oil. Cook cakes on both sides until golden and crisp. Place on an oven tray and set aside.
3. In the meanwhile, remove the leafy part of the Swiss chard from the stems and roughly chop (including stems). Using the same pan as the potato cakes, add the butter and the stems and let cook for a 1 minute. Add the leaves cooking for a further 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place one potato cake on a plate, add a slice or 2 of gammon, top with the cooked Swiss chard, a poached egg and grated cheese.
5. Serve immediately and make everyone very, very happy!