KASSLER SANDWICH THE GERMAN WAY
- 2 Kassler chops, off the bone
- 1 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 handful lettuce, shredded
- 1 handful raw sauerkraut
- 1 handful grated Emmental cheese
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
Super mega easy
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat; add the oil and the kassler chops. Fry on each side for 5-6 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Assemble the sandwich: slather the toast with the mayonnaise, top with the shredded lettuce, sauerkraut, warm Kassler chops, Emmental cheese and the crispy onions
- Serve immediately and enjoy German flavours in a flash!