RIDICULOUSLY EASY FESTIVE DESSERT THAT GETS ALL THE COMPLIMENTS
FOR THE NECTARINES
4 nectarines, cut in half and stones removed
2 handfuls oatie-gingery-almondie cookies (like Nutticrust or Amaretti) crushed
2 squeezes vanilla paste
good squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp butter sugar for sprinkling
FOR THE TOPPING
2 tbsp cream cheese
zest of ¼ lemon
good squeeze lemon juice
1 squeeze vanilla paste
1 tbsp castor sugar
4 strawberries, sliced, for garnish
Super mega easy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Remove a little extra flesh from each nectarine half to create bigger cavities.
- Mix the extra flesh from the nectarines, the crushed cookies, lemon juice, egg and vanilla in a bowl.
- Place the nectarines on an oven tray flesh side up and spoon the filling into the cavities. Pop into the oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven, top the nectarines with a dot of butter and a sprinkle of sugar. Return them to the oven for another 10-12minutes (until they are golden brown and sizzling).
- In the meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, vanilla paste and castor sugar. Mix to combine and set aside.
- To plate, pop a nectarine in a bowl and top with a ¼ of the cream cheese mix, garnish with strawberries and a little edible flower if you have one. ENJOY!