Roasted Vegetables For The Soul
- ½ butternut, cubed
- 1 firm and fresh aubergine, cubed
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper, cubed
- 10 courgettes, sliced into rings
- 6-8 mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, cut into quarters and pulled apart
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed from stem
- 5 glugs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 glugs balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
TIP: To ensure your veggies all cook at the same speed, make sure to cut them the same size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all cut veggies and the rosemary on a roasting tray, ensuring they have enough space to breathe. You want them to roast, not steam.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season well, and toss.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for ± 20 minutes. Every now and then give veggies a shake to make sure they cook evenly.
- You know they’re cooked when the vegetables are soft and lightly browned.
- Mix up your veg with couscous and feta to make a quick, tasty meal.
- Spread cooled veggies on a bed of greens with freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Serve as a side with your Sunday roast
- Great for adult lunchboxes
- Stays happy in the fridge for up to 4 days