Sesame Crusted Tuna with Crunchy Asian Salad
FOR THE TUNA
- 4 tuna steaks
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- roughly torn 2 handfuls bean sprouts
- 1 handful basil
- roughly torn 2 handfuls coriander
- roughly torn 1 cucumber
- shaved with a peeler 5 spring onions
- thinly sliced 1 avocado
- peeled and cut into cubes
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 thumb ginger
- peeled 1 chilli
- chopped 1 lime juiced
- 3 shakes fish sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Super mega easy
- To make the dressing: combine the ginger and chilli in pestle and mortar and bash until smooth. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the salad: place the lettuce, bean sprouts, basil, coriander, cucumber shavings, spring onions, and avocado in a serving bowl (don’t add the dressing or the salad will become wilted and sad).
- Place the tuna on a plate, season with salt and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Make a crust by ensuring the seeds stick to the tuna on all sides.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat until it begins to smoke slightly, then add the coconut oil.
- Add the tuna to the pan and sear on each side for about 1½ minutes. (Cooked any longer it may become dry).
- Remove the tuna from the pan and place on a plate, dress the salad (keeping a little on the side for the tuna) and toss well. Divide the salad amongst the plates and garnish with a lemon wedge and coriander. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the tuna steaks.
- Tuck straight in and fall in love with home cooked food.