HOW TO MAKE YOUR COUSCOUS COME ALIVE
- 1 cup couscous
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 glugs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
Feeds 2-3 people
Super mega easy
- Place the couscous in a heat resistant bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Pour 2 glugs of olive oil to a cup with the boiling water. Pour over the couscous and cover with a plate.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes then remove the cover and fluff it up with a fork.
- Couscous is so versatile, you can flavour it as you like.
- Fresh herbs like chopped chives, parsley, thyme or coriander go well with this dish.
- Use it as a base for salads, as a starch for stews, or mix it with roasted veggies for a quick, tasty meal.